“Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing: but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.” 1 Peter 3:9
God wants you to know that there is something special about you! You come from God and you are precious to Him. The blood of Jesus has qualified you for every blessing of God; you have been made righteous by the blood of the Lamb. As is his nature, satan tries in many ways to convince us that we are not qualified to walk in the blessings and the promises of God. The Bible repeatedly assures us though, that we are qualified.
God’s word declares that we are the blessed of Jesus Christ and that we are called to inherit a blessing. In other words, we were born into a blessed family as part of our birthright. Proverbs 10:22 declares that the blessing of the Lord makes one rich and He adds no sorrow with it. So what is the blessing of the Lord? Please understand this: the blessing of the Lord is not the car, thehouse, the gold, the increase, or even the healing. All of these are just the results of the blessing. The blessing of Jesus that rests upon us gives birth to these physical things. This blessing is the Glory of God and it takes The Blessing to create blessings. Child of God, we were not only created for His glory, but being His offspring, we have inherited this same glory. Today this glory rests upon us even as it rested over the tabernacle in Moses’ time (see Exodus 40:34-38). This glory that rests on us is our inheritance. In Proverbs 3:35 the word tells us that “The wise shall inherit glory but shame shall be the promotion of fools.” We also read in John 17:22 that “The glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one.”
From the above thoughts and scriptures, we can say that the blessing which we have received is actually Jesus’ glory. This is the blessing which God has lavished upon us.
How Strong is This Blessing?
The blessing of God is so strong that no curse of satan can penetrate it. The devil and all his cohorts of hell cannot penetrate this glory. Every word of cursing that the devil speaks towards God?s people turns into blessing.“Nevertheless the LORD thy God would not hearken unto Balaam; but the LORD thy God turned the curse into a blessing unto thee, because the LORD thy God loved thee. Thou shalt not seek their peace nor their prosperity all thy days for ever,” Deuteronomy 23:5-6. Every evil word spoken against you will turn against the speaker, because you cannot be stopped. Ephesians 1:3 also tells us that we have “been blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus.” You and I must have a working knowledge of these birthright privileges so that the little devil cannot continue to steal from us. Like a worm, the devil is under our feet and we have been given the authority to put an end to his destructive plans. When you know who you are, you know what you can do. When you have not grasped this revelation, you can be sure that the devil will tell you who you are not, and what you cannot do.
Some people think that they must strive to receive God’s blessing and approval. This is not so. It is only by faith in the blood of Jesus that we can come boldly to the throne room of grace, to obtain the blessings of our Lord. Jesus was and is the sacrificial door for us!
As ambassadors of Heaven we are not subject to this world’s system, economy, or health policies. We are not subject anymore to insecurity, shame, doubt, or fear. These things are of the kingdom of darkness and we are no longer seated under their rule. They don’t have any control over us anymore! Praise God. We are the blessed of Jesus Christ.
In Ephesians 2:1-10, we get a clear picture of how we were once subject to this world and to the prince of the powers of the air. By grace we are now saved; not of works, but through the blessing of Jesus Christ.
God tells us in 2 Corinthians 5:17-21 that we are new creations, no longer a part of the kingdom of satan. We have been created for good works, which God has foreordained that we should walk in them. God has ordained that we should walk in the goodness and blessing of the Lord. As we begin to discover who we are in Christ and the blessing that we have inherited, we will no longer allow the devil to have a foothold in our lives. We were created for great and marvelous things; therefore we must expect them to abound toward us daily. God has already qualified us to have them!
10 Supernatural Blessings Which Accompany God?s Glory
- Financial blessing “And the LORD hath blessed my master greatly; and he is become great: and he hath given him flocks, and herds, and silver, and gold, and menservants, and maidservants, and camels, and asses. And Sarah my master’s wife bare a son to my master when she was old: and unto him hath he given all that he hath.” Genesis 24:35
- The blessing of greatness “For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother’s womb.” Luke 1:15
- The blessing of increase and favors “And I will make of you a great nation, and I will bless you with abundant increase of favors and make your name famous and distinguished, and you will be a blessing dispensing good to others. And I will bless those who bless you [who confer prosperity or happiness upon you] and curse him who curses or uses insolent language toward you; in you will all the families and kindred of the earth be blessed [and by you they will bless themselves].”Genesis12:2-3 Amplified
- The blessing of the written word “When you go, they [the words of your parents’ God] shall lead you; when you sleep, they shall keep you; and when you waken, they shall talk with you,” Proverbs 6:22 Amplified. Supernatural guidance, protection and encounters are all byproducts of your love for the written word.
- The blessing of wisdom “And he has filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and all manner of workmanship; to design artistic works, to work in gold and silver and bronze?.” Exodus 35:30-36
- The blessing of good health “Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.” Psalm 103:1-5
- The blessing of victory “But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ,” 1 Corinthians 15:57. “And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all.” Genesis 14:20
- The blessing of His presence “Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father,” Genesis 26:3. “And the ark of the LORD continued in the house of Obededom the Gittite three months: and The LORD blessed the house of Obededom, and all that pertaineth unto him because of the ark of God.” 2 Samuel 6:11
- The fullness of the blessing “And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.”Romans 15:29
- The blessing of all spiritual things “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ.” Ephesians 1:3
Apostle Everton WeekesGo Back